Man loses 2 children to fire in Delta, battles for survival [PHOTOS]

Kindly Share This Story:

Emotions ran high on Sunday in Udu Local Government Area, LGA, Warri, Delta state as a man, identified only as Mr. Blessing lost his kids to a fire incident.

fire in Delta
fire in Delta

The incident happened at the Motor park area in Ekete at about 9: 00 pm.

DAILY POST reports that the fire was caused by a stick of candle which was lit and placed on a paint rubber.

The entire building was completely burnt down and two children were engulfed in the fire before help could come.

An eyewitness told our reporter on Monday: “The man came from work, made little food for the kids and was taking a nap with candle on top a paint rubber before the fire.battle5

“Before the people in the area broke the door open, the man was down.

“The kids – Ebenezer and Eliot, were still crying but neighbours couldn’t see them as the house was covered in smoke and fire.

“People tried to stop the fire but it was so strong. The fire burnt their house and four building attached from left/right.

“Soon, the voice of the kids was silent. The two kids roasted to death.

“Neighbours finally gained entry and the man, who was still breathing, was rushed to the Ekpan General Hospital but was rejected.

“He was then taken to Warri General Hospital where the doctors said he could not be treated there.battle4

“At the moment, he has been rushed to Oghara Hospital.

“Meanwhile, only the mother of the kids, Patience, was saved because she was not living with her family as at the time the incident happened.

“The wife from the Isoko part of the state, packed out of her home since her husband, who hails from Okpe LGA lost his marine job.

“She abandoned her husband and kids, saying she was tired of suffering.

“Neighbors begged her to at least go with the kids and she refused.

“Neighbours are now calling her to come carry the meat she left behind. battle2

“Before Fire Service came from NPA area, the fire had spread deep.

“Upon their arrival, however, they quenched the fire which would have spread further.

“No Fire Service in Udu LGA,” the eyewitness told DAILY POST.

An official with the Fire Service, Owhe Alex, told our reporter the situation has been put under control, unfortunately, the kids died before the intervention of neighbours.

“Mr Blessing is battling to survive at the Oghara General Hospital,” Alex said.battle3

Kindly Share This Story:

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

amehnews greetings

%d bloggers like this: