MMIA Ablaze: Investigating the Fire Outbreak at Lagos International Airport

Kindly Share This Story:

In a statement FAAN said at approximately 0723 hours this morning, a suspected electrical  spark  at the baggage hall ceiling caused the  smoke incident that was reported at Terminal 1 of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, located in Ikeja, Lagos. According to the statement sent to The Ameh News TAN which was endorsed by Abdullahi Yakubu-Funtua, Director  Public Affairs & Consumer Protection of the authority saying The source  of the smoke was identified as a burning  lithium inverter battery installation  at the basement .

He continue, promptly responding to the situation at  0730hrs the dedicated firefighters from the Aerodrome Rescue and Fire Fighting Services (ARFFS) of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport  and the Electrical  Department  of the Authority  initiated immediate action. Their swift response and professional efforts have successfully brought the situation under control, he added.

“In accordance with our unwavering commitment to the safety and well-being of passengers, staff, and all airport users, the Terminal building was promptly evacuated due to the smoke that had permeated some areas of the facility.

“We are pleased to report that the situation is presently under control.

FAAN…..Committed to her core values…
Safety! Security!! Comfort!!!

Kindly Share This Story:

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

amehnews greetings

%d bloggers like this: